Our OHS (Occupational Health and Safety) Policy
We at GUBBI CIVIL ENGINEERS believe that the Health and Safety of our employees and workers is be the foremost aspect in our journey to become market leaders. Gubbi Civil Engineers is committed to providing a healthy and safe work environment for our workers, employees and anyone affected by our activities by prevention of work-related ill-health or injury.
We strictly adhere to the guidelines of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 and are committed to continual improvement.
Our Supervision Procedure
- Daily conducting Toolbox Talk – About general and specific work to be executed on that day. Also, to maintain proper records of the same.
- Coordinate at all levels of management regarding safety.
- Assist in solving safety-related problems and making recommendations for improving safety.
- Set up the standards to prevent losses and injury.
- In case of accidents or dangerous occurrences and fire, we immediately report verbally and in written format to the client and the management team.
- Investigate near-miss accidents and accident reports, and monitor the project safety by assisting the management in reviewing and modifying procedures from time to time.
- Exercise authority to stop the work when an emergency arises.
- Advice on legal requirements affecting safety.
- Propagate safety through leaflets, memos, posters, notices, etc.
- Arrange and participate in periodic safety inspections of all PPE equipments, hand tools, and scaffolding before usage.
- Set up emergency contact points and hold a list of emergency contact numbers.
- Would ensure that all critical tools have valid statutory test certificates and are being maintained in good condition.
- Refresh safety instructions and monthly refreshment training are arranged by GCE at the end of every month.
- Provide fire fighting and resource capacities at the time of emergency.
- Ensure that all people at the site use ISI marked relevant Personal Protective Equipment and are in good condition on their site activities.
- Maintain all records of HSE are required by the client.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Commitment
Management is accountable for:
- Communicating to all the employees and sub-contractors to incorporate The Zero Accident Goal.
- Ensuring appropriate HSE Education and Training for all employees.
- Measuring and reporting performance.
- Assigning HSE responsibilities.
- Ensuring that all employees utilize safe work practices.
- Continuous improvement of the HSE programs and policies.
- Ensuring that Gubbi Civil Engineers comply with all relevant legislation, codes, and regulations.
Training for workers
- Safety attitude during the job is a primary component.
- Life saving training programs for our workforce when working at high altitudes.
- Job specific safety training and regular refresher training are provided to our workforce.
- Regular medical fitness tests of our supervisors and labours at work.
- All PPEs are ISI marked with relevant test certificated and these were regularly checked by the Safety Officer.