What is the Elastomeric Coating Method?
The elastomeric coating uses a single component acrylic copolymer. The elastomeric coating applied to a surface form a film that safeguards it against atmospheric components such as carbon dioxide, sulphur dioxide, chloride irons.
The formed film during the elastomeric coating can holdup at least 200% elongation. Hence it is favourable for bridging cracks in the structure even under temperature variation.
Elastomeric coating is a known method applied on an exterior wall or roof. The coating is approximately ten times thicker than normal acrylic paint and flexible enough to waterproof the structure’s exterior.
The elastomeric coating is an airtight but breathable ,sealed waterproofing solution as it can effectively repair hairline cracks.
Elastomeric coating is in a liquid form when applied and dried , hardens but remains flexible enough to be bent or moved.
Apart from being a suitable waterproofing solution, the elastomeric coating also helps protect the structure from moisture damage.
The elastomeric coating is applicable on surfaces such as concrete or masonry structures.
What Makes Elastomeric Coating a Favourable Process?
- The film used in the elastomeric coating is available in a variety of colours which helps maintain the appearance of the building’s exterior and brush off the unattractive look caused due to damage, wear and tear.
- The elastomeric coating method uses films that are highly durable and sustainable. Long term durability makes it the desired option for the owner of the building/structure.
- This method of coating acts as a sunblock due to its UV resistant property.
- One of the notable features of elastomeric coating that it is cost-effective and environment friendly.
- The elastomeric coating is known to be heat resistant. Hence this aspect marginally improves the energy efficiency of the building to which it is applied.
Quick Enquiry Form!